Drawing Near to God is a women’s ministry seeking to fill our marketing coordinator position. The marketing coordinator is tasked with promoting the ministry and its brand as often as possible so that the mission of drawing women to God is achieved. This candidate will be responsible for all marketing aspects of the ministry as outlined below. In addition, the marketing coordinator will assist the Founder and Executive Director with occasional administrative needs and the coordination of some ministry events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage our social media campaign on a weekly basis. Management includes:
- Making at least 3 posts per week to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Posting content on YouTube as needed
- Making a concerted effort to ensure that posts encourage engagement and capture the essence of our ministry.
- Managing responses to posts that are basic in nature. Comments that require a more in-depth response should be forwarded to the Founder/Spiritual Director or Executive Director.
- Monitoring analytics from our social media and website, and report this information to the Executive Director on a monthly basis.
- Creating and managing Facebook, Instagram and Google ads as needed.
- Monitoring Facebook, Instagram and Google ad analytics
- Maintaining an SEO program
- Providing Executive Director with monthly SEO program updates
Provide marketing and administrative support as needed, including but not limited to:
- Creating eblasts, flyers, brochures, mailers, graphics and other marketing materials as needed for general and specific purposes.
- Establishing a marketing strategy with the Founder and Executive Director.
- Offering marketing ideas for the ministry
- Posting previously created weekly blogs and daily devotionals
- Monitoring and analyzing current and future marketing campaigns for effectiveness and providing results and recommendations as needed.
- Ensuring that all marketing tasks reflect the vision and mission of Drawing Near to God.
- Creating copy and content for communications as needed.
- Coordinating the planning of ministry events
- Managing newspaper and radio advertising as needed
- Occasionally providing minor administrative support to the Founder and Executive Director as needed.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Administrative experience
- Previous ministry work experience is a plus
- Ability to work as a team player, but also be self-motivated
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change
- Ability to interact well with others
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a timely manner
- Experience with WordPress, CRMs, Google Drive
- This is a part-time/contract position for 15 hours per week.
- Hours worked will be split between home and the offices at St. Andrew’s Church in Mt. Pleasant, SC.
- Occasional evening and weekend work is required.
- Hourly rate is $16-$18 based on the candidate’s skills and experience.
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to Angela Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.