Today friends we are going to look at where to find our purpose and identity.
4 Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying,
5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
and before you were born I consecrated you;
I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”
So here are some principles concerning our identity and purpose:
- As Christians, our identity is in Christ.
- As Christians, we all have a common purpose but we each have a unique way in which we fulfill that purpose.
- Our love for the King of the Kingdom will cause us to want to serve Him and it is our love for Him that drives us to find our destiny
- Jesus does not hide your unique call, however, He does want you to discover it by seeking Him
- Living in His Presence daily is the process whereby you discover who you are in Christ and what He has called you to do.
And here are some other things we know about destiny and our purpose, some of which can be hard to hear:
- Finding our destiny requires surrender
- If we do not respond to His knocking sometimes he allows us wilderness time
- Believe that God is who He says He is and that you are who God says you are
Here are some principles we see throughout the Bible and how heroes of the faith were following God’s call;
- God often calls us to do things that are outside of our comfort zone
- Don’t worry about the outcome. Don’t try and please man; only please God.
- It is in the Presence of God we see and hear our call
- His Presence refines, prepares us for our call
- Moses, Ezekial, and Isaiah all said yes to the call