- God paves the way for the king that His people need.
- Not just about God’s faithfulness (Hesed) to Naomi and Ruth.
- God’s covenant faithfulness to Israel.
- God’s Covenant faithfulness to us to send us a Kinsman Redeemer.
- Story of imperfect people playing a role in the unfolding plan of an extraordinary God
As we wrapped up with Ruth 4, we looked at the Redemption at the Gate. We’ve seen the theme of redemption throughout Ruth and here we see it enacted. The gate paints a picture for us and points us to the great Redeemer, Jesus.
- Jesus is the gate (John 10:9)
- He was crucified outside the gates of the city
- At the gate a transaction was made that points to the Ultimate Transaction through Jesus Christ, our kinsman Redeemer
As you reflect on our great Redeemer, I wanted to share with you a song that I have been hearing all week. The song talks about all of the chaos and busyness of our days. However, in the song we hear a reminder from our Redeemer,
Breathe, just breathe
Come and rest at my feet
And be, just be
Chaos calls but all you really need
Is to just breathe
You can watch the video for the song here or below: